Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pachyderm Paper

So before I say goodbye, I need to pay homage to the little college city I've been living in for the past year. I never thought I would grow accustom to cheering on another SEC team besides the Dawgs.


But after a few years of dating a certain Crimson Tide fan and a diamond ring, I realized I had to put up with some things "as long as we both shall live."

For the record it was pouring down rain and I needed a hat.
All that to say, that sometimes the RTR's  and the excessive amount of houndstooth around town are a little too much to take. So I like to lean more towards the actual mascot-the Pachyderm.

photo via The Sup Store

And if you look close enough, you'll find these guys all around town.



Check out who's tusks are holding up that awning!
Bookends at gift shop and yes that is a framed photo of a baby laying on houndstooth-you saw that.

This photo does not do the Mellow Mushroom justice. It is a full on bedazzled mosaic. The elephant sparkles!
And yeah these guys have even migrated into my house.  I knowingly bought this for the Mr. at a thrift store for $3. Apparently the ivory tusks are real. Eek sorry PETA.



And I actually won this adorable ice bucket from Nesting Newbies. It works. It's not too in your face Alabama but fits into the overall decorating.

photo via Nesting Newbies.
It came from Iomoi.com and they also have this tape dispensor to match but I haven't gone overboard don't worry.

photo via Iomoi.com
Of course there is a certain elephant movie besides Dumbo that is about to come out featuring my favorite Southern girl and that famous vampire-Water for Elephants.

photo via imdb
The movie is based on the book by Sara Gruen, which I currently have on reserve at the library. But I'm all about paying the $6 and some change on Amazon to download that sucker onto the Kindle so I can read it before April 22nd.

Hey maybe I could redesign that pachyderm into a cute birthday invite.  I am going to avoid any "Hey Alabama" connection and instead go with more of a big top theme.  I'm thinking circus vs. houndstooth.


Now I'm kindof in the mood for some cotton candy, popcorn and carnies.  "Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands"-Austin Powers

2 comments:

christen said...

girl, you know I am loving this post! mostly because i do love my roll tide :) and yours and blake's pics are so darn cute.

christen

Julie Tiemann said...

Emily Adams! Do you know how often I've tried to find you on Facebook?! I have missed your craziness and sweet face so much! When did you get married? Wowsers, so much to catch up on!!!