Monday, March 28, 2011

Dream Office Stationary

I currently have a desk in our sunroom/guest bedroom/storage area/Kitty Lynn's room but more often than not I am blogging and designing from the couch.  This is not ideal. I am hoping once we move this will change.  I have a little folder on my harddrive called "Nesting." This is where I stash photos of dream rooms or decorating ideas.  I stumbled upon this little gem while I was checking on the stylish girls over at Fabulous on a Budget.

photo via Fabulous on a Budget
My. Dream. Office.  It's so girly and chic but also has a very modern vibe to it. I feel like if I sat at that desk every day I could be inspired.  I heart the back wall with all the framed black and white images. It made me think of this picture that I have had on my phone since 2009.


I snapped this photo in a Macy's in the furniture department. I think it was in one of the books where you can order furniture but I loved the idea of framing a ton of different photos all over one wall.  I now can't decide what I like better-silhouettes or old Hollywood.

So I thought I would scope out the internets and find some key pieces for my dream office.  Here is what I came up with.

Top Row: Benjamin Moore for Pottery Barn paint colors in Blue Haze and Chalkboard
White Glass & Mesh lamp from Lampsplus.com for $49.98
Vintage end table from etsy seller Painted Cottage for $120

Middle Row: Vintage French Vanity/Desk from etsy seller Painted Cottage for $295
Vintage French Chair from etsy seller Painted Cottage for $110

Bottom Row: Estelle Ottoman in Robin's Egg from Urban Outfitters for $89
Madeline Chair from Urban Outfitters for $349

And of course I'd need my own stationary.  Hey maybe I could redesign that dream office into my own personal stationary.  It needs to be clean and modern with a little flourish. I definitely need to used the robin's egg blue and black color scheme and I'm going out on a limb from my normal style and picking a very elegant font.


I realized for all this redesigning that I do I may actually need to print a hard copy version of this post. I have some personal cover letters to write and hopefully thank you notes after some upcoming job interviews. Please. Hire. Me.

No comments: