Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pretty Peachy

In my life, I have had 2 fruits that have been pretty constant since college. One would be the apricot, by way of  St. Ives Apricot Cleanser. I have used this facial cleanser for years perhaps even since before college.
 
photo via St. Ives


And the other fruit would be peaches!  As in my best friend's nickname.  Her real name isn't Peaches but she got the nickname and it stuck.  Her last name is the same as this Alabama town famous for it's peach water tower.

photo via Roadside America

 I have no doubt that for the rest of my life, I will always have apricot scrub and Peaches.  {Peaches, I hope you don't hate me for posting this pic of us. I will take it down if you insist.}

Peaches and me after completing our first of many half marathons-Yes we wore angel wings!
So the other day when Peaches and I were shopping we saw this adorable peach and gray dress for around $98 from The Limited.

photo via The Limited
I really like that color combination. Peach and Gray or Peach and Silver.  I wondered if anyone had decorated or used that as a color scheme in a wedding. Dont' worry they sure have and I found some wedding eye candy to share with you.




Top Row: Peach rose bouquet via The KnotPeach flower cake via The Knot
Second Row: Peach Christian Louboutins via The Knot,  { um...drool!}  Peach outdoor wedding reception via The Knot
Bottom Row:  Peach table decorations via Style Me Pretty, Peaches in vases as a centerpiece via Style Me Pretty



And just for kicks, I found the perfect venue for a Peach and Gray wedding.  The Peach House Bed & Breakfast in Atlanta, Georgia-my home state and the Peach State!

photo via The Peach House B&B
I also found this quirky DIY project from fellow blogger, Post Road Vintage that I sort of secretly love. Using an antique chair as a shelf.  The gray chair with the peach flowers in vases hanging on the wall sort of makes me swoon in a very country chic sort of way.  Maybe it's hanging on the wall in one of the rooms at The Peach House. Who knows!

photo via Post Road Vintage

Hey maybe I could redesign that peach and gray color scheme into a lovely wedding invitation.  It would need to be very modern and clean but also have a funky little edge to it, a lot like that Limited dress or the chair shelf?!  And let's go ahead and have the wedding at The Peach House!


Wonder if they will serve peach cobbler at the reception?

No comments: