Tuesday, February 1, 2011

PaperCakes

I am heart serious when it comes to cupcakes. My best friend bakes them with love. No lie. I have seen her recipe and I'm pretty sure it calls for 2 cups of love.  Just recently we FINALLY got a cupcakery in town- Gigi's Cupcakes. Life is now better.

Today's design inspiration hails from these tiny little cakes. I thought it would be fun to redesign that cupcake into some calling cards for different occasions.

First up Birthday Wishes!
And appropriately, Gigi has a very colorful cupcake called, Birthday Surprise.
photo via Gigi's Cupcakes
attach this cute little note to any birthday gift and you are sure to bring a smile


Next up Cheers!
Who doesn't love a new bottle of wine to celebrate life's joys.  Luckily you can bring them cupcakes and a $12 bottle of wine from Cupcake Vineyards.

photo via Cupcake Vineyard
attach this to a ribbon and tie it around a lovely bottle of merlot



And finally Give!
Because sometimes it's better to give than to receive, so why don't you tie on this adorable apron from etsy seller, Sassyapron, and bake up a batch of  your very own.

available on etsy for only $34.95 from Sassyapron
tape this little note on top of your baker's dozen

Oh no! My sweet tooth just woke up and I already brushed my teeth.  Maybe I'll just print out these Papercakes instead.

1 comment:

Sassy Apron said...

Thank you so much for including my sassy apron in your post! I can't believe there is a vineyard called Cupcake. I hope they offer wine and cupcakes tasting when you visit :=) Next time I'm in Monterrey I have to look them up.