Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Orange You Pretty in Purple!

Growing up a Georgia fan my father taught me to hate all things orange.  Florida, Tennessee, Auburn and occasionally Clemson.  It wasn't until recently that I discovered Clemson's colors were Orange and Purple.  For some reason I always thought they were Orange and Blue. But no that's a deep purple those boys have painted on their chests.

photo via Stadium Drives
 And I also recently discovered that their stadium holds the same name,  "Death Valley," as another purple, Southern tiger stadium in Louisiana. Who knew?
photo via Clemson Tigers
Needless to say, I have tried to stay away from most things orange.  However just this past week, I got both my March Lucky magazine and Real Simple issue and discovered that this Spring- orange is the new black.  Even last February's Lucky magazine had cover girl, Nicole Richie, sporting the orange and purple combo.


photo via Lucky
I tried finding that exact skirt she's wearing online but alas it is nowhere to be seen. If you have an extra $385 to spare you can find something similar here.

Real Simple even did a whole fashion feature "Orange Crush" and paired orange with navy, hot pink and purple. Just a little sneak peak into the issue-page 99 for those of you following along at home.

photo via Real Simple
 And just so you can get a better look at this AH-MA-ZING Tory Burch dress, here is another photo below.  Sadly, its $350 and currently sold out. 

photo via Tory Burch
Even the homepage of Saks had the orange/purple color combo as Spring's "see-worthy" trends. That is, if you can stomach the price tag of these Fendi color block sandals.  Just a mere $740. Rent Schment

photo via Saks

So how can a girl afford the trend?  Don't worry. OPI has you covered with their Texas Collection.  Check out this little color, Y'all Come Back Ya Hear!, for only $8.50.

photo via Beautysak

If you are feeling a little gutsy, Victoria Secret has a sexy spin on the color combo.  The top will run you around $24 and the bottoms will only set you back $16. I posed for this picture by the way that's just a different person's head-S'weird.

photo via Victoria Secret
Or you can go vintage and purchase this fab dress for only $40 from etsy seller OneRareBird.


photo via OneRareBird

Either way there are several opportunities for this Spring's hottest trend to be affordable.  Personally for me, maybe I could redesign that color combo of orange and purple into a pretty little trendy Save the Date.


Okay okay, I still twitch a little when I see too much orange but maybe I can start slowly and paint my nails this week and pair them with a great purple dress.

Oh and please note that if you have something that you want me to redesign, I will. Just drop me a comment below.  My pricing is totally affordable and I'd love the chance to redesign that!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Your blog is really cute!
follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!Thank you so much!
www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Sub Active said...

hey like your blog come check out mine

Unknown said...

How much for save the date? Message me conners_angela1@yahoo.com