Thursday, February 24, 2011

And the Award Goes To...

This Sunday marks the 83rd Annual Academy Awards and sure it's fun to see who wins but it is more fun to plop down in front of the TV and watch E!'s red carpet and see who is wearing who.

In honor of the golden statue I thought I would dedicate this post to all things gold inspired.

photo via Oscars
 And if you need some background music I have always enjoyed this little diddy by Jill Scott, Golden.



So maybe you you don't have Rachel Zoe styling you this Sunday. Or maybe you loaned your golden Oscar de la Renta gown out to Cameron Diaz and she hasn't returned it.  Either way, I feel like you can still sparkle and shine this Sunday.

photo via Harper's Bazaar
photo via Access Hollywood
I think the key is taking care of your accessories from your "tips" to your "toes."  And the ridiculously fashionable and beautiful Emily from the blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere, perfected the gold manicure when she posted this:

photo via Cupcakes and Cashmere
As for your toes, I own a few metallic pairs of shoes.  But  my absolute favs are none other than my Jessica Simpson's.  Like I said in a previous post, love her or hate her the girl has got some fashion sense.  I heart them so much that they had to make an appearance in my engagement photos.  I've mentioned her before, but Amy from the blog, ToDo  is also a budding photog and she did a fab job.

photo via Amy
So now that we have our nails and shoes down, let's get to the real reason for this post.  I have had my eye on this gorgeous necklace from etsy seller, Ashleigh, of  Birdseed Crafts.  I am awe-inspired by her blog where she talks about her 2011 goal of turning her hobby into a full time career.  I am also tempted not to link this necklace for fear someone will snatch it up before my payday.  It's only $32 which is a small price to pay!

how sassy is her model!?

photo via Birdseed Crafts
So go paint your nails, put on your fancy metallic shoes, buy a fab necklace and turn on the Oscars.  Oh and why not bake and decorate these little cupcakes? Martha Stewart would.

photo via Martha Stewart
Hey, maybe I could redesign that golden fashion palate into an Oscar party invitation.  I will try as hard as I can to translate that sparkle on paper and even emulate that adorable necklace. These charming square invites would definitely be enclosed in metallic gold envelopes just like the winners' names.


Let's be honest, I will probably be coming straight from yoga and end up falling asleep watching the ceremony on the couch this Sunday!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I'm way flattered. Thank you so much for the internet love! And don't worry...if it sells, I'll make one especially for you! <3